Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Mad Baking Skills

So these are old pictures, but just bear with me here. Last year, John's birthday happened to fall on 7/7/07, so we decided to throw him a 7th birthday party, complete with pin the tail on the donkey, Sega Genesis, party favors, party hats, the whole works. As the pièce de résistance, I decided to try my hand at making a themed cake, and John chose Donatello, of the teenage mutant ninja turtles. So, after browsing the internet for pictures, I spent the day in the kitchen making the cake. It was going well, until I decided the cakes were cool enough to take out of the pans, and I flipped them over. "What in the world are those round white things?" I wonder. Turns out, doubling a cake recipe isn't necessarily a good thing, as it means the eggs are much less likely to get mixed into the batter. So instead of a deliciously moist, beautiful chocolate cake, I had a deliciously moist, beautiful chocolate cake with a couple of fried eggs thrown in. Luckily, I was able to sculpt them out and it tasted just fine without them.


No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin