Monday, December 29, 2008

The National Mall - Made Out of Plants

Every year the Botanical Gardens puts up this amazing display during the holidays. In one of the rooms, they set up a minature version of the mall, done entirely out of plant pieces. In another room they have a train display, with wildly fantastic scenery for them to zoom around in. I took great pictures of it last year, but they all disappeared along with my computer, so this year I had to replace them. I put it off and off, and finally decided to take the day off of work on my birthday and go be a tourist. The funny thing is, I enjoyed pretending I was a tourist a lot when I first moved here 2 years ago, but now I just get really annoyed at the tourists and want to make sure they know that I'm a local. I guess I've truly become a Washingtonian. Anyways, these are a smattering of the Mall pictures.
DSC_3518
The White House

DSC_3528
The Jefferson Memorial

DSC_3531
The Jefferson Memorial

DSC_3533
The Smithsonian Castle

DSC_3575
The Library of Congress Roof

DSC_3589
The Capitol

DSC_3583
The Capitol Roof

DSC_3561
The Supreme Court

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin