Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

As I typed that title I had a feeling of deja vu, so it's entirely possible that I've already posted pictures of lions, but I'm going to do it again anyway. After murals, one of my next favorite photography subjects is statues of lions. I don't know why, I just really like them.

IMG_0619
The lions at the Corocoran Gallery are what started it all.

DSC_3761
I think my personal favorite lions have to be these two by a shop in Georgetown. They were supposed to have been moved a while ago, but I haven't been down in a while to see.

DSC_3774

DSC_3749

DSC_3751

1 comment:

urban bohemian said...

I love the lion statues around DC! For some reason I enjoy the lions that look more like slackers having a nap than the ones that project vigilance. I never saw a lion as much of a "guard animal" since if it isn't hunting, it's probably sleeping! Great photos.

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin