Monday, February 22, 2010

New Additions to the Family

So I'm sure you are all wondering how my Saturday spent with frogs was, and as you've probably guessed, we came home with a few new additions. We now have four Allobates femoralis froglets, which are a kind of dart frogs from Peru. I've learned the difference between people who keep dart frogs and people who keep tree frogs this weekend, which was interesting. Dart froggers (that's the actual term, interestingly enough), keep frogs as a hobby, and so they don't usually get common names, only scientific names, let alone actually have the owner give them an individual name. I guess when you keep 450 frogs, it's difficult to come up with enough names. But tree froggers tend to keep frogs more as pets and give them names, which is why I like them better. But without further ado, I introduce you to one of the new babies (we're not naming them until we see how their characters are).

DSC_8274

DSC_8272

DSC_8282

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin