Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Being a Busy Bee...

Hubby and I spent the long weekend at our cabin in the woods, which means he does lots of work on the cabin and I get down to business with my sewing machine.  I actually managed to complete four garments, although to be fair three of them had a decent amount of progress done already.

I bought this fabric knowing I wanted to do something cool with matching up the stripes.  It's a cotton/silk blend, and half of the stripes are sheer.  It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with the lining, but given the fact I started it at 10 pm, I had to go with what I had in my stash, which meant a bright yellow chiffon.  If I had time, I think I would have bought a turquoise lining fabric, so there would be more contrast, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.  The entire shirt is finished with french seams, as I'm trying to be more conscientious about making sure the inside is as pretty as the outside.






No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin