Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sewing Away...

So last summer I ordered some fabric to make a dress to wear to my friend's wedding.  Unfortunately, it arrived too late, and I didn't even attempt to make the dress, so it's been sitting in my stash for a year now.  Since I had a Saturday to myself last weekend and another wedding coming up next weekend, I decided to give it a go.  Per usual, I decided to make things hard on myself and come up with the pattern on my own, despite spending two hours at JoAnn's looking at patterns (and buying the lining fabric).  After spending about 12 or 13 hours straight on Saturday, it is definitely starting to look like a dress, surprisingly, but I still have to finish putting in the zipper and hem a flowy silk chiffon skirt.  It may or may not be done by Friday, we'll see.  Anyways, here's a sneak peak at the fabric:


It's a little psychedelic and I'm not sure how much I like it anymore, but I'm bound and determined to finish this bad boy up.  Also, I really want to wear my 5" heels, and they will look fabulous with the dress, don't you think?  :)


Stay tuned for the full reveal next week!

2 comments:

chaoticmusingsandcoffee said...

The heels are so pretty!
http://thewhitelilies.blogspot.in/

McLaura said...

Thanks so much!

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin