Monday, December 8, 2008

Update on the Status of the Donkey/Elephant

So I was walking past the Washington Post building this morning on my way to the Metro, and lo and behold, the donkey and elephant are gone!


So my guess is correct that they will be getting a new paint job, but I'm curious to see what it will be. My new guess is that they won't put them back up until the inauguration, so it may be a while before I get to see what happens.

In other inaguration-related news, despite the fact I live about 8 blocks from the White House, I'm not to enthralled with the idea of standing in 20 degree weather for about 12 hours to maybe catch a glimpse of the inauguration or parade on a screen, so I am instead going to go the practice inauguration the week before, which should be a good time. I especially like the fact that all the placeholder people for the bigwigs have to wear name tags denoting who they are representing.

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin