Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wallpaper Headboard

In the interest of saving space and creating a cheap and easy headboard, I thought I would pass along this nifty idea I picked up from Martha today. All it requires is a small piece of fancy (or not so fancy) wallpaper and an exacto knife to cut along the patter and then paste that bad boy up on the wall.

I've also seen several times lately that it is possible to use fabric as a temporary wallpaper of sorts, by attaching it to the wall with liquid or spray starch. I'm not sure how well this works, as I haven't tried it, but I can definitely see it being applicable in this case as well. It might be kind of fun to just cut out a medallion or different shapes out of fabric and apply them to the wall, rather than entirely covering the wall. Hmm....I'm giving myself all kinds of ideas now, I'll have to get back with you on what I end up trying.

(Photo courtesy of www.marthastewart.com)

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin