Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kitchen Beautification, Part 4

The voting is still open for the Turquoise kitchen color scheme, but I'm throwing another option in the mix! Because the rest of my apartment is full of reds, yellows, and pinks, I am leaning towards a cooler color for the kitchen, but at the same time, I don't want to overwhelm my small apartment with color. I'm afraid it might be too much to throw a bunch more teal and turquoise in the kitchen, so I went searching for some more tame alternatives to cooling down the apartment color level. I found these two from Living, etc., and really like the mix of cream, silver, and weathered wood floors, but that introduced a whole other level of kitchen reno in a rental - redoing the floors.

ext6_001

Letcpg101

I only came up with one option for this color scheme, which utilizes the tin backsplash, the cream painted cupboards, and the stainless appliances. Obviously, this would work as well with the existing floors, but I definitely like the looks of the wood floor better. I did a little price checking, and I can get laminated flooring from Ikea for $50-$100, depending on how picky I am about the color.


I figured I would throw some of the popular configurations from yesterday in the mix, and see what people are feeling like today! As usual, let me know what you think and any suggestions are more than welcome!



Thanks for voting and stay tuned for more kitchen design!

(Top 2 photos: courtesy of Living, etc)

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

Sheesh, I thought I was the only one with weird taste in kitchen cabinets! My friend all say "wow that's so brave" about my kitchen and it makes me wonder what they are really saying. I voted for the turquoise cabinets with the white appliances, but I also really like the neutral look in the top photo. My kitchen is about half finished, if you want to see what cabinets of this color look like in real life. We are planning on wood floors. In my kitchen I like the crispness and contrast of the white appliances although I sometimes wonder whether I would have enjoyed the softer effect of stainless even more. But I've already got the white so I intend to continue liking it. Good luck with your kitchen plans!

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin