Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Uniform Project

While perusing my blog list this morning, I came across The Uniform Project on Project Beltway. The creator of the idea, Sheena Matheiken, will be wearing the same little black dress every day for one year (she started May 1st), mixing it up by accessorizing. She got the idea from going to Catholic school in India, where uniforms were required, but the students put their own special twist on the outfit. Through the project, she is raising money for the Akanksha Foundation, which is a non-profit working to provide an education for impoverished children in India. All around, I think it's fabulous. Of course, I've always been a big fan of wearing the same thing over and over, but I don't usually mix it up quite as much as she does. This one has definitely been added to the daily read list.

My favorites from the past 3 months are:



3 comments:

huisj said...

She doesn't really look very happy.

McLaura said...

She has a little bit of a smirk in the middle photo. I tried to take some pictures of me wearing my jewelry and I ended up looking angry in a lot of them - maybe modeling makes people angry. Oh wait, my real job is modeling too...hmmm...

Samantha said...

Cool.

I don't feel so bad about wearing my little black dress more than once a week.

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin