Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Weekend of Festivals, Part 2

So as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, there were a bazillion festivals going on in the D.C. area and I had hoped to go to three - the Caribbean festival, Smithsonian Folklife Festival, and Festa Italia. I missed the Caribbean festival (or rather the parade, which was the only part I wanted to see), and I decided to put off the Folklife festival to this coming weekend, as it's still going on, but I did manage to make it to Festa Italia. Just a little background - D.C. doesn't really have any Italians. The only Italians I know here are boyfriend's friends from New Jersey. So I didn't have huge expectations for going to a festival located in former "Little Italy" (first time I have ever heard of it), but I thought it might be fun. Somehow it managed to fail even my low expectations, but I was starving, so the food was good. It basically consisted of food, some music, kid's entertainment and the centerpiece was the 6 or 7 ferraris lined up that you could pay to test drive.

DSC_2876

DSC_2877

DSC_2882

DSC_2887

DSC_2885

DSC_2891
My favorite food of the day - the canoli

2 comments:

Sisarina said...

I know this is a post about festivals but I LOVE your hair!!!

McLaura said...

Thanks! I was actually just thinking the other day that it's about time to change it. :)

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin