Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Settling In, Week 2 - Loft Construction Update

So I know you've all been waiting anxiously to find out what all we got done this weekend, so here goes. A successful trip to the Depot was followed by a lot of cutting (both wood and copper pipe) on Saturday at boyfriend's house, with a break on Sunday due to rain/tiredness. Monday we cut some more wood and hauled all the pieces (like an Ikea kit, essentially), down to my apartment and by 10:30 p.m., I had a loft bed!

Right now it's just the platform on legs and none of the bottom details are done. We need to close-in the storage locker, build the clothes shelves, assemble the rolling shelves and add trimwork to the whole thing. A side project I also started this weekend was assembling two small tables for in front of my couch which still need to be finished as well. I went a little overboard with copper pipe fun, so expect to see a lot of it in the future.

After I climbed up on the mattress after spending 2/3 of a long weekend working away, I realized I had not fully taken into account my dislike for heights, which boyfriend wasn't too pleased to hear. After going up and down the ladder a few times, I think I'll get adjusted though. After taking lots of pictures, I unfortunately forgot my memory card at home, so stay tuned for photos!

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin