Friday, March 18, 2011

Decorating with Frogs

So frogs aren't typically the topic of most interior design blog posts, but I'm not typical. I currently have two toads, three grey tree frogs, and 2 amazon milk frogs, and they are all in some stage of adolescence. I just finished a beautiful new terrarium for the grey tree frogs, as they are almost grown up, and will be making a new big one for the amazon milk frogs next. Both of these are about 12" deep by 16" wide by 24" tall, so finding a place to put them is a little difficult. I've been playing with designs for a custom shelving unit, but I've always loved the look of metal etageres, and think they would be perfect for terrarium displays. Now I just have to find one that is the correct size and sturdy enough, which is unfortunately almost impossible.

A few inspiration photos from the archives:

4475697079_8f120dc30e_b

etagere_rect540

Unfortunately, I saved these photos quite a while ago, and I have no idea where I got them, so if you know, let me know so I can credit them!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Yours has got to be the only blog post on the interwebs about this exact subject.

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin