Friday, March 27, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

I don't have a lot of pictures of my apartments prior to DC, seeing as how my computer got stolen twice and all of my pictures went bye-bye. I have since learned the value of Flickr and an external hard drive, but that's another story. When I scanned some old pictures last week, I did run across this picture of my first studio apartment, in Austin. It came pretty much furnished, so I didn't have a lot of choice in that, but I did manage to put some of my own touches on the place, canopy and all. This was definitely the smallest place I've ever lived, as a few feet to the right of the bed was my kitchen along the wall.

I also got a little sad, as if you will notice on the second wall shelf on the left there is a little shopping cart with a plant in it. I loved that little guy...I think I got it in high school. He unfortunately had an untimely end shortly after I moved to DC, as I thought it would be a good idea to put it on top of the toaster oven, but didn't think about the fact that the toaster oven is hot and the wheels were plastic. You live, you learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am slightly convinced that first appeared in college...although i could be wrong

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin