Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Bathroom Chair Reveal

So I have a backlog of random projects that I have done in the past, oh, six months, so here goes. You may be familiar with the chair that I found free on boyfriend's street, and intended to redo to match the bathroom in my old apartment. Well, needless to say, I'm really slow when it comes to projects, so it didn't get finished until after I moved and no longer had room for it and it doesn't match my new apartment. So I am currently in the process of trying to sell it on Craigslist and getting very frustrated with the approximately 17 people who have left me dangling multiple times. Anyways, here is the original, in its intended setting:

IMG_7950

and here is the finished product:

IMG_0167

IMG_0169

The idea was to get a faux-lacquer effect, so boyfriend had read up on the process, which involved a coat of primer, a couple of coats of flat paint, and the floor wax. It ended up being more of a semi-gloss finish, but I was too lazy to try harder for something that didn't work in my apartment any more. Back in high school I had drawn a super sweet monogram with a celtic knot border and fancyiness in art class, and I intended the monogram to be the same, as I had spent quite a bit of time on it. Unfortunately, it seems to have disappeared from my stash of random artwork, which makes me really sad. So I had to improvise and I think it came out pretty nice. Now hopefully someone with the initials LBM wants a new chair.

No comments:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin